Firefox and Scrolling in Ubuntu
So okay, you have a problem with there being no utility for configuring how many lines you scroll at once in ubuntu? Shit, i mean, how can this still be missing? There’s no gui for configuring it, and doing it by hand in xorg.conf is a pain too.
So in Firefox, the default becomes one line per scroll. This isn’t satisfactory when you want to surf porn effectively, or scroll 4chan without having your eyes burned out. So to fix this you’ll do the following:
- Type about:config in the address bar in Firefox
- Accept the yabber about being careful (if you haven’t used this before)
- In the search-field (at the top), type mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines and set that to False (double click the value field)
- Again in the search-field, type mousewheel.withnokey.numlines, and set the value (default is 1, for one line at a time), to whatever you want. Personally, i use 5.
- Close the tab with about:config. Changes take place immediately.